Karen writes: Been here before...waiting...

Busy day at work today, I'm not back there for 4 days, what with the trip to Rotorua tomorrow, the weekend, and Monday is a day at uni.   I looked at the weather forecast this morning, sunshine for Saturday.  I looked at the forecast just now...RAIN.   Sigh.

Because there is just 1 more full day before the Rotorua marathon, today found me taking the opportunity to make silly mistakes.  Like going for a walk over to the Otara town centre wearing shoes designed more for looks than comfort, and tripping over an uneven bit on the garage forecourt.  I did forgo the curry at lunchtime though.  Technically am meant to be running tonight, but my legs are still a bit dodgy, it wont hurt to take some more good rest time.

So how will Saturday go?  I haven't got a clue right now. I have followed the training programme, however in a manner which could be described as 'lacklustre'.   I bet though, that when I get in the car and get on the motorway heading south to pick Kate up, that pre-event bubble of anticipation and excited nervousness will return.  I have packed my bag complete with clothing for every weather including an old warm top to throw away at the startline, and pondered the fact that while I miss my whanau a whole heap when I am away by myself, travelling without them is strangely uncomplicated. The pantry is full of groceries, the washing is up-to-date, and the car has got petrol in it.  I'm ready as can be, roll on tomorrow.

BUT, most importantly, Richard has just finished his epic 8 day and 217km Mountains to Sea trek in the South Island, he phoned from the Waitaki Rivermouth where it met the Pacific Ocean to tell us about his amazing achievement.  Read about it here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles