Kate write: day after marathon

Its the day after Rotorua Marathon. I can walk, Just! I had a great day on Saturday, weather was good! wow that's a first for a long time. Sun shone, few little rain drops and a little wind. I finished in 5 hours 7 Min's. I was hoping to go under 5 hours but its better than last year, and I've been in bed all week with a cold so I cannot expect miracles. Oh and not enough training! It was a great run, felt good, ran most of the way with some walks when needed. Meet up with some great people. The talks you have on the way are always interesting and are part of the tale you talk about. I looked out for the ironman tattoos and spoke to most people. Its a good talking point. I saw the one I want, it's a silver fern with IM under it. The man is doing the Rotorua Half IM so I will see him again and have a closer look. 


Karen and myself went to Rotorua on our own. It was a girls week end away. So when you finish there is no one there. I can cope with that but Really there was no one there to give you a medal, or a glass of water or a banana or to catch you as you fall over. Not a good ending to the Marathon, the organisers need to be looking after the runners.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles