Kate Writes: sunday morning

I've had a lovely week with my Daughter Sophie home from Uni. Lots of great stories and her growing up to be a lovely young women. So Sunday morning I had to get up at 5am to get her to the airport for her 7am flight back to Dunedin. I planned to run part of the way home. I got dropped off at Te toro and had 25km run home. The sun was shining, even though it was only 8am. It is very hilly on the back roads home, but I ran where I could and walked the rest. But now I power walk, walk with a purpose and off I go.
3 hours later I get home with 25k on my watch. feeling very pleased with myself. No real aches or pains and ready for the rest of the day, well I got a good book out and had a good read. I do not feel prepared for the Marathon and would like a few more weeks, but that is always the case. I'm off for a swim tonight and the a run tomorrow . I hope to run another 25k on Friday and then a slow week. We will have to wait and see the results. But I am feeling good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles