Karen writes: Happy dog

I feel guilty sometimes because the foxy-cross dog misses out on exercise because I am either doing too many km, running on dangerous narrow roads, or feeling a bit paranoid and unwilling to take the risk of having a cowardly-dog-induced accident.

Tonight was different though.  Me and the dog went for a 10km bush run along one of my favorite trails, she was so excited she was quivering and that silly skinny tail with its absurd white tip was like a separate animal.  I ran with her lead tied to my fuelbelt, she let me know that she wasn't keen on any mucking around, any attempts on my part to walk up the bigger hills were met with clear dissatisfaction.  I even managed to get to a dog-assisted 5min/km pace at times which is unheard of!   The sight of a distant pukeko got excited whiffling and a speed-up, a curious sheep meant a slow-down with the lead getting wrapped around my legs, and convenient puddles required immersion up to the belly and every single one in reach had to be tasted.   Pippa is now stretched out on her beanbag on the deck after having sneakily cleaned up the cats biscuits...a tired, happy dog.

I can't say I'm quite as content as Pippa.  Having got up to 76kg, the heaviest I have been in ages, I figured it was time for action as when training gets more intensive cutting the calories will not be an option.  So today was day 3 of a plan to eat better.   I'm mostly on track...but hungry!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles