Kate writes: A kind friend

Monday night is running with the group from the Kentish, usually 5-8k run around the roads or the golf club. But last night Steve was in charge and he said Honey Hill! Well that ment nothing to me, except it's a hill and I do not do hills. So off we went. I was tail-end Charlie, as usual. The others disappeared into the night, it was dark. Steve came back for me then ran up ahead and then back to me. It made me run faster as I did not want to look as if I was not trying. It was a lovely night for running. I could not see where we were going so it was almost what hill where! We were on our way home and a car stopped, a man got out and gave me a reflective jacket. He said "here's a present for you", his daughter was killed out running on the roads, he said "look after yourself". I was very touched by his kind gesture. There are nice people around who give without wanting anything back. It did make us all think that we need to be better prepared for our runs and wear the right equipment. Thankyou to the kind gentleman out in Waiuku.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles