Karen writes: I'm running!

Just been for the second run of the week...yes...actual RUN without stopping to walk type of running.  14km, not a trace of a twinge in that pesky ITB, even managed some mild upward and downward slopes.

But I am not run fit, even today's good 14km doesn't tell me how things will go for 42km so I need a challenging long run on Sunday to give me a better idea of how much I can cope with, and to work out a final strategy (eg, how much planned walking if any, sustainable pace etc).

There are 16 sleeps until the Sunshine Coast Marathon.  Only one long run this Sunday and then taper starts, that's probably 6 more runs in total and time to accept I wont get any fitter in the next two weeks.  Need to check gear, try not to put any more weight on (am 2kg heavier than I was at the Rotorua Marathon), and convince the brain that I'm ready.

I see that one of the random prizes for the marathon is a rather cute little red motor scooter.  That could be a problem to fit into the cabin luggage for Air NZ.

Oh, and I am in awe of my amazing cousin R who is running her first half marathon on Sunday.  R has been training really hard.  You GO GIRL, you are so COOL and way to go supportive husband!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles