Karen writes: Life is strange

This has not got the remotest thing to do with training for Ironman, but definitely is sports related. The first I'd heard of it was the phonecall from the promoter offering congratulations for the daughter winning "breakfast with the All Blacks".  Turned out the 9 year old had taken advantage of mum being off on her weekend run to enter a competition on the Sunday morning TVNZ kids programme, 'What Now'.  When I heard, I came out of my office perplexed, told the rest of the team, and there were suddenly a whole heap of self-appointed guardians over the age of 21 kindly volunteering to give up their day to go along and help out.

I asked some questions when I got home, like "what did you have to do to enter?".  She said "say why I was the All Blacks biggest supporter".  "And what did you say?".   "Um...that I really, really liked them".  "Do you know anything about rugby darling?".  Silence.  Then, "but I really, really like the All Blacks!".  Good on you girl.

Then I thought about what terms and conditions there might have been, so looked the details up online.  Whew, the promoter is Sanitarium, it could have been more of a problem signing away the "absolute usage of any images or footage" had it been a less health conscious type of business involved.  I could just imagine it, health promotion organisation manager encourages her family to enjoy....yep, I can definitely cope with weetbix.  Funnily enough, it isn't the only Sanitarium related event we are doing this week, enterprising daughter is also doing the weetbix tryathlon thing again on Sunday, amazing event, I've raved about it before.

So tomorrow me and the girls are dressing in black and are off to Eden Park, they are going to have breakfast with the All Blacks and apparently have a "morning of great food, fans, family, photos and fun". How cool is that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles