Karen writes: Maintaining the legs

I had planned a swim yesterday morning.  I didn't go.  I would like to say that I woke up very early (I did), I read some of the pre-reading for my next uni day (I did), and then I got up and did something productive and important instead of swimming.  I didn't.

Why didn't I swim?  Completely mundane reason.  Sometimes I think male athletes don't realise just how good they have it, they aren't worried by hormones, or the right clothing, or the need to have smooth legs.  Or in my case, the problem was one non-smooth leg.  I had waxed one leg the previous night and couldn't face doing the other one...you know...one of those..."ouch...I will pull the strip off on the count of three...1...2...3...(long  pause)....1...2..." etc.  How could I possibly turn up at the pool like that?  And what would it have done to the hydrodynamics?

I am now conforming to societal norms as far as the appearance of my legs goes, so did get my swim this morning of 1.5km. There was no choice, the girls are home from their school holiday with Grandma and Grandad later today, and there will be no chance to take to the water for the rest of this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles