Karen writes: Run ON!

I had an excellent run last night, it was a great stress reliever running through the hills in the Maraetai forest.  I made good time according to the sport-band thingy, but something else happened to put a smile on my face...once I had stopped puffing of course.

The story goes, I was running along, 8km of hard work behind me and I got to the bottom of the most challenging hill and started to climb.  A mountain biker shot past me, obviously getting a fair run-up and hitting the steep slope with intent.  He pulled away from me, pulled away from me, but then...I started to catch him back up!  I was so distracted watching him wibble and wobble in the lowest gear that I must have sped up a bit and before I knew it I wasn't that far behind him, close enough to wonder when/if he was going to fall and think would it be kinder to stop and offer sympathy or should I pretend I hadn't seen anything?  Anyway, he struggled his way to the top, looked back and spotted me closer than he expected and very nearly did fall at that point, then he was gone.  I crested the hill a moment later feeling more than satisfied, that sort of thing doesn't happen very often.  Points to the runner!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles