Kate writes: Christmas presents

Its been a different Christmas for many reasons, but what is always good about Christmas is the presents :) . There was a theme this year. From my nieces a bedside light with tinker bell in it that lights up and from my friend Karen fairy lights. They both have special meanings and I cried when I opened them both. My daughter gave me a charm for my bracelet with a pink ribbon on, symbolising breast Cancer awareness. My Mum has been recently diagnosed with Cancer and its a reminder to enjoy every day. My Sister , who is away in the UK seeing mum, also gave me a charm of a heart with a koru on it.   Friends and family are very special and we need to let them know.
I was out on my bike this morning in the rain! and 2 little boys shouted at me did you get your bike for Christmas, so I shouted back of course Santa was good to me. They laughed and told me that they also had new bikes. Its amazing what conversations you have even when out on your bike.
Karen said that she was not doing much trainning whilst away up north, but I've just read her blog... better get out and do some serious training, after all its not long to go now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles