Kate writes: listen to your coach

I had had an  amazing camp and the coach had said to take it easy this week. Well a small swim and run was ok? So I signed up to do the stroke and stride on Wednesday evening. I mean to say it was only  1000m swim what could go wrong!

Well to start with it was really rough with big waves. Not as big as last week, that stopped me going for a swim but still big ones. I warmed up and got ready for the swim. I knew I was in trouble straight away. It was hard work, but I knew I had to go on. A lovely lifeguard on a surfboard came up and asked if  I was ok, I replied Yes but a few minutes later she asked if I wanted a rest. So I hung onto the side and we had a chat. I felt better and off we went again. I had 2 more stops before heading for home. Yes I managed to swim but wow I was tired. I came out exhausted. 4 bananas later I stopped shaking. The training weekend had taken a lot out of me. I took the next day off but will be back to the sea next week.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles