Karen writes: Bike panic

Bike ride in 7 weeks.  PANIC!  Only 70km says Kate who has been cycling most weekends. Undulating says Kate who trains out on the West coast where a mountain is called a 'hill'.  We'll take it easy says Kate who has been doing twice a week spin classes and trains harder than I race.  This could be embarrassing.

I haven't been on a bike...for...a long time, my poor road-bike is still covered in Ironman dirt and sweat and is tucked behind the kids bikes in the shed.  Dusty, ignored, not quite forgotten, its neglected and reproachful visage looms up in my nightmares occasionally.

I found an advertisement for a spin fitness class at Te Puru park which is in my home territory so I have signed up for a session tonight.  But it's a run day, marathon in 2 weeks, gotta run...what to do?  Why pop my cycle shorts on, tuck my sweat towel and water bottle into my fuel belt, run down to Te Puru, do the spin and run home of course.  Overconfident...lacking in sense...who moi?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles