Karen writes: Kate's off to Christchurch

It has taken a couple of years, but Kate has just today flown down to Christchurch to take our fundraising cheque to our colleagues working in diabetes down there. Massive thanks to those who made a donation, and continued to offer encouragement and support over what turned out to be a very long journey. Kate has also taken a short presentation about the journey and it's reasons, for which she asked to access my photo collection. Hmmm, could be a worry, when I looked at the accumulation of pictures there was a big focus on unhealthy food, plenty of weird clothing combinations, and masses of photos of sweaty progress and finish lines which all looked very samey after a while.

Speaking of finish lines, Kate has a marathon this Sunday, the Dunedin course looks amazing, I wish I was there too, instead I will be slogging out 30km around South Auckland roads because my own marathon in Spain is now less than 4 weeks away.

I see this next marathon as the real start of the Ironman process again, because when I come back the focus goes on cycling and swimming, both activities I have avoided. So after months of free-floating and being a bit random and un-serious about fitness, it will soon be time to get back to work.  Less than 6 months to Ironman, I'm visualising all those other Ironman intenders dragging their bikes and wetsuits out of garden sheds and cupboards everywhere (actually, most would already have been doing it), roll on March 1 2014!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles