Karen writes: Skirt

I went for a run along the waterfront towards Duder's Beach, beautiful evening, slight breeze, I wore a running skirt.  Now these things are becoming more popular, if you are a bit sensitive about the close fitting lycra pants look then a skirt can hide a multitude of sins. There is at least one supplier really promoting them, check out this NZ brand Kori Kita.  Mine is nothing so flash, just a black stretchy skirt with attached little black pants underneath.  I have had mine sitting in a cupboard for a while now, to my recall it was only ever worn once before.  This once was over the top of a pair of old compression pants on a night bush run when no-one could see me, but this time I threw caution to the wind, and exposed more than usual of my winter coloured legs to the world.

It felt rather nice.  Breezy even.  I ran for a while, enjoying the freedom, marveling at how I allow myself leeway while running that I wouldn't allow myself usually, I mean, would I wear a stretchy skirt a mere inch below decency to town and consider it perfectly ok? Hmmm...maybe 20 years ago.  But soooo comfortable, I was thinking I could run a marathon in this.

Run...rub....run...rub.  After a little while I remembered why I run in tri-shorts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles