Karen writes: Farewell old faithfuls!

In the past I have described how hard it is to let go of faithful items of running gear, or shoes, you share a lot of significant experiences and bunging these things unceremoniously in the kleen-sak to go to the Whitford tip just seems somehow...disrespectful.  Well, I brought an old pair of tri-shorts with me to run this marathon, they had holes in the inseams, the fabric was to too thin to be decent anymore, the leg-bands were sprung, it was to be their final race, their swansong as it were.

Today I said farewell on a lookout in the bush high on a hill above a city halfway round the world. Thanks for the memories old friend!

PS: I did actually put them in the bin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles