Kate writes: Rotorua and big hills

I was totally under trained but had a great day. 

Swim was good but got caught behind some non swimmers with flippers on, thought I was going to drown but got over myself by the first marker. 49 mins good swim for me.

Bike was great got all the food right, not enough to drink, need to work on that. Big Big hills, saw a friend  twice, I was no help to her at all, but gave a wave. Not sure why I was so slow... maybe down to lack of training. 4hrs 26 slow

Run/walk was glorious lovely views and all off road, well almost. Had a huge argument with an official as he wanted to close the run 1k short down a long path, he should have known better than to argue with a nurse. I was prepared with water. He let me go through haha. 2 hrs 57mins, about right.

Sunburned on areas that do not usually see the sun. Feel very sore today, but determined to do better next time 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles