Karen writes: The Scott's New Career

I had thought about taking the gas-axe to the old condemned Scott bike, perhaps burying the bits behind the retaining wall up behind the house along with my favourite pairs of deceased running shoes, an ancient teddy bear and other things too damaged to keep but with too many sentimental attachments to be put out in the rubbish bag.

Instead, looking at the componentry I had spent so much money on in recent times, I decided someone else could surely get some use out of some of it and a Trademe end was the way to go.  I nearly still ended up taking the gas-axe to it when idiots started wanting to see photos of the frame crack (why if not to repair it?) and wanting to know details of frame size and structure and minute details about small parts, I mean the thing was on for $30, one wheel was worth more than that.  I couldn't make myself deliberately inflict damage even if it was the responsible thing so had to make do with beefing up the warnings that the bike was for parts only, absolutely not suitable to be put back on the road.

The winner of the auction turned up today, the new owner promised to look after her carefully and the old girl is now to be mounted on a wind-trainer and have a new career as a spin-bike.  That's a great outcome, but a spin-bike, what an irony!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles