Karen writes: The start of the next bit...Taupo

I'm back at home, back at work, I feel like I haven't been away, especially having had an assignment due for Uni today.   Everyone at home coped very well without me, thankyou to the whanau for pulling together to make sure I can get away to do these sorts of things, I couldn't do half as much without your support.  Like all of this sort of thing, you spend months planning, plotting and agonizing  and then before you know it, all over.   Apart from the evidence of the photographs, I can hardly believe that it was me there.

So after a week of eating anything and everything, and enjoying the luxury of not being ALLOWED to exercise, it is time to start working again.  I had a 20 minute run last night followed by 10 minutes of light spin, my legs felt pretty miserable but the rest of me wanted to keep going. Tomorrow I shall try for 30 minutes running, then another day off, then a longer run, Saturday perhaps a short bikeride to see if I can still remember how to do it, and Sunday I cant wait to run with the Tepuru runners again... I have missed my weekly 'fix'.   Time to organise another session with Trainer Grant too, cycle training for Taupo needs to start seriously, and the swimming...this I have been studiously ignoring, unlike Kate who has been working hard on it all year and will no doubt leave me floundering in her wake next time we visit the Otara pool.

Anyway, in case anyone wants to see my training plan versus what I actually did for the Perth marathon, remembering that it may only be 8 weeks worth but a lot of baseline work had gone on before it started, there were also instructions for warmup etc which I was never very good at remembering (my theory was I never got out of warm-up speed anyway) and haven't included...click on the picture below...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles