Karen writes: Thankyou Jennie.

I have just sniffled and snuffled and coughed my way into my little office, and on the desk was a suspiciously Australian looking bag.  There is one person who has just been on holiday to Australia, and last time she went away on holiday, you could pretty much say she kick started our Ironman mission.    The story had started some time before with me muttering about Ironman, I knew it had to happen, but making it happen was another thing altogether.  Then Jennie went to Taupo in March of this year and she was coincidentally there at the time of the Ironman festivities. She came back saying “yes, you really must do this”.   She brought with her two branded drink bottles, one for me, one for Kate, and the paperwork about it.  One of those bottles sits on the bookcase over my desk, and I look at it regularly, especially when the world starts getting a bit ordinary.
So you can imagine, I did look at this package from Australia with a degree of wariness. Alas, it wasn’t about a new mad challenge in some far away place, it was something even better...chocolate! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles