Karen writes: Rotorua Marathon here I come

Just got serious after 3 weeks of mucking around in regards training, a 5 week programme for the Rotorua Marathon has arrived from Grant by email.  Today's scheduled effort is my favourite...NOT...gym, 9 exercises, split into 3 groups by 4 minutes of hard spin. It's not hard work, I just struggle to start, and then struggle to keep going.  The girls tried to help, but I was too worried about someone damaging themselves with their enthusiastic swinging of the weights, then when the swiss ball started getting bounced back and forwards between them in the lounge it was time for my helpers to be retired reluctantly to bed.

It's funny, after all that hard work before the Ironman, I now don't have any confidence in my fitness, hopefully getting back onto a programme I can prove to myself that I am still fit!  I am losing weight though, while I was working so hard before my weight had gone up to 75kg, now I'm down to 73kg, still eating too much and not doing nearly as much exercise...go figure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles