kate writes: things we buy when out on the bike

My Challenge this week was to meet my targets with training. Sunday was a 4hour bike ride! the Daughter woke me at 5.30, as she was off to work to say it was not raining and I should get on my bike. 10 minutes later the heavens opened and down came the rain so I just pulled the covers over my head and went back to sleep. When I woke at 8am it was a lovely day and so a quick breakfast and off to Waiuku for a ride.
I have a nice route that I like that takes in the back roads of Waiuku, about 20k into the ride I turn off to Otaua, long straight road. Saw a lady riding in an orange jumper. I thought that would be nice if it was my friend Barbara, who is also doing Ironman and it was. Great to have company and off we went. Much more fun with a friend. We went down to the mine with the wind behind us and then back up to Patamahoe.
By this time we had run out of water. So the shopping in the corner shop was- 2 bottles of coke, 1 bottle of water, 1 bottle of power aid, bag of lollies a banana and a tub of Vaseline! we did look like a funny pair. Barbara was doing 140k and I only had to do 4 hours so off home I went completing the ride in 4hrs 15minutes and 92 k under my belt. wow I'm tired, I have a lot more training to do :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still...swim, cycle, run...walk

Karen writes: Swimming pool blues

Karen writes: Obstacles